Monday, May 7, 2007

This Week in Video: Not Out in Stores Edition

After my 3 week stint in the Dirty Jerz (and before another half week up there) I finally have time to scour the web for the best videos... or just some average ones.

TRS has had the new Wilco album, Sky Blue Sky, for over a month thanks to a brother and friend of the Rockists. I'm a big fan, even though it's a departure from their good old days. It's just a record of songs by a band. Here's a trailer of the new album and DVD. (The Rockist Society doesn't receive any advertisement money because of you watching this... we're poor)


Watching this video brings me back to college when I first heard of The Books. Normally bands like this don't make it on TRS, but The Lemon of Pink was extremely influential in... uh... nevermind. It's great to be alive.

"Take Time"

Again, 2 of the Rockists saw an amazing show. The National opened up for Arcade Fire at DAR on Friday. I wasn't fortunate enough to get a ticket... thanks... no, it's ok... really... I'll be fine... It's a good thing The National is coming back to DC this summer.

"Mistaken For Strangers"

No comments: