Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Do the Rockists even know its Christmas?

It's just turned Christmas day.  I'm done helping the folks stuff stockings and wrap a couple things for my sister and my aunt and uncle.  

Music's a big gift item around my house, and this year promises to be a good one.  Who knows what's coming my way, but among the albums I've purchased for others are Beirut - The Flying Club Cup, Nada Surf - Karmic EP, and Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Sirens of the Ditch.  

Anyway, Christmas Day is usually a day for spinning various new discs -- that first warm, late morning playing of Centro-matic's Love You Just the Same while watching the Blue-Gray game at decrepid Legion Field is still a very pleasant memory --  so I'll be reporting in the coming weeks with whatever loot I got coming.  

In the meantime, Happy Christmas to all our readers, and here are a couple treats for the road.

The Flaming Lips - "Christmas at the Zoo"



Oh, and if you're wondering, my top five rockin' Christmas songs are, in no particular order:
The Walkmen - Xmas Party
Centro-Matic - Fuselage (It's Starting to Look Like Christmas)
The Kinks - Father Christmas
Big Star - Jesus Christ 
The Shoes - This Christmas

No comments: