Thursday, March 8, 2007

This Week in Video: Upcoming DC Shows Edition

Last week Battles released the video to the first single on the upcoming Mirrored. It makes me want to punch my computer screen... in a good way. Check out their show with Mary Timothy Band and The Twilight Sad at the Black Cat on 3/23.


"Atlas"

Memphis Industries posted a brand spankin' new Field Music video yesterday. If you know anything about me, you know I love this band more than waffles, and I sure love waffles. Be SURE to catch what might be their LAST U.S. SHOW EVER (Davey Brewis has mentioned a "hiatus" after the tour) at the Rock and Roll Hotel on 3/31. They're playing with Menomena, who you shouldn't miss, either.


"She Can Do What She Wants"

UPDATED:
Here's Menomena's latest video.

"Wet and Rusting"


Ted Leo played at the Operation Ceasefire concert in '05 right here in our nation's capital. It would have been sweet to see. You know what else is sweet? Ted's cutoffs. Hopefully he rocks them on 3/29 at the 930 Club.


"Sons of Cain"

The Long Winters wrapped up some shows overseas and are touring all across the US. This video was shot in February in Mallorca, Spain. Man, I wish I was a rock star... TLW are playing at the Rock and Roll Hotel with another TRS favorite, The Broken West, on 4/3.


"Ultimatum"

No comments: