Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gimme Indie Rock, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blog

Fellow Rockists,

I'd like to start this post with a conversation I had this morning on my way to work. It goes a little something like this:

GL, wearing a white-collared shirt, to a bum on the corner: how you doing?
Bum: alright, how you doing?
GL: alright.

I walk away. Five seconds later:

Bum, yelling after me: hey, you a white-collar worker?!
GL, shocked, and mostly to himself: yeah, I guess so...

The point of this story (apart from being socially awkward, hilarious, and rather poignant, even unintentionally so) is that while The Rockist Society pays off in some ways - namely the respect and adoration of our peers - it doesn't pay in actual currency ($$). So, yes, the Rockists have real jobs and, yes, they're probably considered "white collar" and, yes, we spend more time at them than we do at TRS headquarters. But that doesn't mean we love you any less, dear Rockists, and to prove it here's a song off the new Band of Horses album, Cease to Begin.

Yours forever,

GL Naut


Band of Horses - Is There a Ghost?
Sebadoh - Gimme Indie Rock

No comments: