Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let The Lists Begin! - Top Ten Albums

Rob:

Here are my top 10 albums of the year. I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a pretty good year for music.

10. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Spoon - "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb"

9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
Radiohead - "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi"

8. The National - Boxer
The National - "Apartment Story"

7. Georgie James - Places
Georgie James - "More Lights"

6. Kanye West - Graduation
Kanye West - "Flashing Lights (Ft. Dwele)"

5. Metric - Grow Up And Blow Away
Metric - "Soft Rock Star (Jimmy Vs. Joe Mix)"

4. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Arcade Fire - "Intervention"

3. The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters
The Twilight Sad - "Mapped By What Surrounded Them"

2. Field Music - Tones of Town
Field Music - "Closer At Hand"

1. Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
Band of Horses - "Islands on the Coast"


G.H.:

Here are mine. I liked this year, but not as much as 1967 or 1978. That's why I only have five. It might also be because I don't listen to hip-hop or anything.

5. Menomena - Friend and Foe

4. Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Okkervil River - "Unless it Kicks"

3. Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch
Jason Isbell - "Grown"

2. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

1. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible


G. L.:

Pretty decent year all around, I thought. Here are my picks:

10. Figurines - When the Deer Wore Blue
The Figurines - "The Air We Breathe"

9. Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Blitzen Trapper - "Wild Mountain Nation"

8. Kanye West - Graduation

7. David Vandervelde - The Moonstation House Band
David Vandervelde - "Jacket"

6. The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters
The Twilight Sad - "That Summer, At Home I Had Become The Invisible Boy"

5. Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
Band of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands"

4. Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger
Ryan Adams - "Goodnight Rose"

3. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Spoon - "The Underdog"

2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Arcade Fire - "No Cars Go"

1. Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Okkervil River - "Plus Ones"

2 comments:

Sam said...

Glad to see Twilight Sad on a list. That album gives me chills.

Pave the Whales said...

I really need to check out the Twilight Sad album. I've been hearing good things.